Developer(s) : Mathijs Hoekstra
This program minimizes all games that allow to be minimized using OpenGL, Directx 5,6,7,8,9 and 10.
For use this program just start it up and set your hotkey, this can be done in the options menu. When you minimize the game you can get back to normal mode by pressing the same key or keys again.
Since version 1.8 it's possible to bind your minimize keys on Windows hotkeys like ALT + TAB, the order to make it minimize instead of giving you the Windows function goes like this:
Press first key Release first key Press second key Release second key Minimize detected.
This program has only been tested on Windows XP.
You can change the Shortcut for minimizing.
- You can set 1 to 3 keys for minimizing.
- Automatic startup at windows.
- Automatic switches to the right game when minimizing.
- Support multiple games.
- Changes screen to desktop resolution when minimized.
- Cannot start when game is running.
- Cannot close when game is running.
- Now and then checks for new version on start up.
- Change windows gamma and reset gamma on game crash.
- Only tested on 32bit XP, reports been made that it also worked on vista but not tested by me.
- If you find any bugs please report it at this site so i can fix it.
- Added history of the applications you minimized during the session
- Able to select application from current history list session and mini and maximize it again.
- Remade the layout of the program.
- Added a better and more visual version check
- Removed all key shortcuts in program, they gave problems selecting the minimize keys
- Rework on the test key window
- Moved .ini files from program folder to user local settings folder
- Added support for Directx 11
- New update check system, now uses json instead of ini
- Changed some details in the about page
- Rewritten eula text for minimizor
- Detecting all games that use opengl, or DirectX 5,6,7,8,9 and 10
- Icons loaded from exe, saving memory when using minimizor
- Memory usage when not using the options menu is now lower
- LWin and RWin key cannot be used anymore for binding, Windows gives problems with doing that.
- 2 different modes now for minimizing, one to icon and one to taskbar, certain games work better with one of the 2 modes.
- Pressing keys for minimizing changed, you can press keys one at a time or all at ones.
- TAB is now available in the key box.
- The menu now pops up at the mouse cursor.
- Able to set your Windows Gamma and reset gamma on game crash.
- New button layout to make it a bit more clear.
- Added Games: Stalker, Starwars Jedi Academic, Civ4, BF2, Quakelive, ioquake3.
- Code optimizations.
- Fixed bug that caused one of the two checkboxes in options to always be unchecked on startup program.
- Able to change state by clicking on the icon in taskbar. Options can be reached with right click on icon.
- Changed the lookup time for pressing keys, it's put at a slower rate, this was done to in theory maybe save you from losing 1 fps :)
- Added Games Cod2, Warsow, ChallengeQ3
- After you set your key in options you can test if the key works, check checkbox and press the hotkey and see if color changes.
- All games that run on HL1 or HL2 engine are supported (TF2, CS, CSS)
- Added games: WOW, COD1, Doom3, MoHaa, FEAR
- Version Check, popup will appear on new version
- Fixed bug where you could close the minimizer while it had a game minimized.
- I got the key ALT+Z assigned and now it closes my irc channels.
This can be stopped by going to Mirc options->Select Server->Others->Keys and unselect use ALT + Z to close active window. Or by pressing the new way which is possible since 1.7 by pressing the minimize keys one at a time.
- Will all games work with this?
If the game in question allows to be minimized then yes it will work.
- Why not ALT-Tab or Windows key?
Alt Tab makes the minimizing indeed easy, but restoring takes longer especially when you got a lot of screens open Windows key just makes you minimize but doesn't let you return Minimizor is the fasted way on minimizing and restoring and including being the easiest way. Since 1.8 you can also bind the Minimizor on ALT + TAB, pressing first ALT and after that TAB makes you minimize with Minimizor.
- When I press the keys it seems to enable Windows hotkeys
Since version 1.8 you can press keys one by one making Minimizor work without triggering Windows hotkeys.
- Can't switch fast between minimizing to desktop and game is it a bug?
No, This is not a bug it's a safety feature to not make certain games crash when going to fast between desktop and game. This might feel as if the Minimizor isn't responding but the truth is that there is a 3 second delay after you pressed the keys, within those 3 seconds your pressing won't have any effect.