Installing Quake Live
QUAKE LIVE is a new and innovative multiplayer game experience from id Software.
the creators of DOOM and QUAKE - that offers game players of all skill levels a totally free and easily accessible multiplayer game and community through a single website. Every element of the QUAKE LIVE experience, from finding and playing games to post match stats review and social networking are delivered through a single state-of-the-art website.
How do I create an account?
- Creating a QUAKE LIVE account could never be easier! Just click the red 'Play NOW Free' button on the front page and get started or watch our QUAKE LIVE Tour for more information.
What is a plugin and why must I install one?
- A plugin is a browser component that allows our game to run from within inside your web browser, making QUAKE LIVE's game and website one unified interactive entity. The ActiveX plugin allows the game to run in your browser utilizing files that it downloads from our site and stores on your computer. The plugin ensures that these files are up-to-date every time you visit the site to play, streaming new content and updates to you without the need for you to download and install game patches.
How do I play QUAKE LIVE?
- Ready to learn more about QUAKE LIVE's gameplay including the basics of its objective, movement, game types, items and arenas? Read the QUAKE LIVE Game Manual to pick up some essential tips.
Where can I play QUAKE LIVE from?
- Once you have created your account, you can play QUAKE LIVE from any internet-ready computer that meets the system requirements, although you can be logged on to one computer at a time. Login from another location and it will update that computer with any game files that it may be missing and will already have your QUAKE LIVE key configurations in place. You can then play online verse other human opponents or practice with bot ai. An active internet connection must be maintained while playing, be it online or while practicing verse bots.
How do I change my password or administer my personal account?
- After logging in, follow the 'Edit My Profile' link located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. There you can change your password, edit your account information or update your own personal bio.
- If you do not remember your password, prior to logging in you will find link just below the login fields entitled 'Forgot your password' that may be utilized to reset your QUAKE LIVE password.
Why does it say BETA beneath the QUAKE LIVE logo?
- QUAKE LIVE is now open for anyone to play, but despite its polished looks -- it is still in Beta. We are continuing to make refinements to the game to improve the experience you have and optimize it to support the size of its ever-growing community base. You can help us in our efforts by providing your much appreciated feedback, suggestions and assistance in reporting and resolving bugs.
Where can I provide feedback, suggestions and follow QUAKE LIVE's progress?
- Keeping up with QUAKE LIVE's development and becoming connected with the id Software development team has never been easier:
o • We welcome all of your comments and questions on the official QUAKE LIVE Forums. o • Users who are familiar with IRC (Internet Relay Chat) may visit us on #quakelive o • Follow QUAKE LIVE's Twitter feed for the latest service status o • Become a fan of QUAKE LIVE on FaceBook to RSVP to the next up and coming QL Event
Once on the QUAKE LIVE Forum or IRC Channel how should I behave?
- We ask that all visits and participants of the QUAKE LIVE Forum and IRC Channel treat their fellow players with respect and courtesy. There are a few nettiquette guidelines in place to encourage civility and to explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Read over our guidelines presented in the QUAKE LIVE Communication Guidelines FAQ
Why am I experiencing performance issues while using FireFox 2?
- The default installation of Firefox 2 includes a plug-in called 'TalkBack', this optional plugin has been found to conflict with QUAKE LIVE. If you are experiencing performance issues while using FireFox 2, we highly recommend that you disable or remove the TalkBack plug-in.