Powerball is a small modification for Enemy Territory. You compete for the domination of one single ball in the middle of the map, the objective is to score it in the enemy goal but at the same time protect your own goal from the enemy team.
- Unfixed the one stab gib kill on player waiting for medic. Silly me to fix it.
- When dom_muzzleFlash was 0 no flames where drawn when having flame thrower.
- Garand can now be reloaded mid clip.
- Medic syringe didn't hit wounded players in certain situations.
- Team bug fixed. Shooting at enemy played friendly hit sound, got team kill message when
killing enemy. Bug caused by code awarding bonus points when defending goal.
- Linux client bug, crashing out with a WM_Create failed fixed.
- class command like in ETPro implemented.
- Ball could get stuck under the water tanks on dom_hill
- Fixed scoreboard when in limbo, the scoreboard showed the dead players score as the one he
- Fixed powerball/flag icon in scoreboard that moved class name etc to the right
- Added assists to the +stats
- Fixed a bug with intermission awards where "best assister" and "best base defender" showed up
on the same line.
- Several game sounds did not play, like flag/ball returned to spawn location
- Code updated to 2.60.
- Name change! Now called ET Domination, didn't want to limit the mod just
to powerball, especially now when it has ctf too.
- hitsounds implemented.
- Speaker announcer implemented (fight! etc)
- Tackle implemented, stealing the ball from the carrier in Powerball.
- If you're within a certain distance you can "hand over" the ball to a team mate.
- Hud updated to show who has the flag or the ball.
- Added TEAM AXIS or TEAM ALLIES in the hud in in red and blue to make it more obvious what
what color their team has.
- CTF added, with proper scoring for assists, defence etc.
- CTF Flag models created.
- All maps supports both game types.
- Some of the standard maps support the new game types, more to come (oasis and fueldump for now).
- New fancy menus.
- New fancy loading screen.
- New fancy ball model.
- Ball velocity tweaked.
- ALL maps can now be made to work as a CTF or Powerball map with the new map script
commands "create", "remove" and "set" (set was already available in et 2.60)
- Pluggable config files implemented like in ETPro.
- Several of the key functions like throwing velocity, tackle,
passing etc is changeable with a cvar.
- There's also a cvar that might be a fun twist to the game, g_noWeaponFire. With it
enabled, the only way to get the ball is to tackle your opponent.
- g_weaponRestrictions, limits all heavy weapons and rifle grenades.
- g_maxTeamLandmines, limits landmines (duh)
- g_maxFiresupport, limits air- and artillery strikes.
- XP removed, you know get the score but not the upgrade levels.
- added dom_muzzleFlash cvar 1/0
- Balanced k43/garand, difference in reload etc.
- Fixed bug in throwing code that could trigger off several EV_THROW_BALL events at the same time
- Fixed scoreboard bug with duplicated playernames if > 32 players.
- Backstab knife damage on players waiting for medic exploit.
- Stats implemented for game types in +stats and intermission.
- New intermission awards implemented for the game types.
- ETPro's realHead code implemented, thanks a lot for making this code public Zinx Verituse!
- Body hitbox made more close to ETPro.
- The maps have been updated to suit competitive play better, moved spawn points, adjusted respawn times etc.
- New map added, dom_steelplant, map made by Drakir, converted by me to suit ctf an Powerball.
- Class limitation implemented, changed limbo to reflect available classes, buttons become gray if not available.
- Added new changeable cvar settings to the ref and vote misc menu.
- Weapon spread when fireing will be as if having light weapons level 4.
- g_fear implemented (thanks ETPub) if you self kill within g_fear time it will give the kill to the last player who hurt you and write out a "was scared to death by" message.
- Added dom_muzzleFlash to enable/disable weapon muzzle flash.
- Added dom_drawWeaponTrace to draw weapon traces from others, everyone or none
- Added assist score in PB